Monday, December 5, 2011

Goals for 2012

2011 Was a good year for Triathlons for me, I only did one and set a new PR by over an hour. I had my fastest swim, transition 1, bike, transition 2, and run I've ever had. This is why I have to set goals for 2012. With 2 Ironmans and a Half Ironman in the upcoming year I want a way to hold myself accountable.

The first thing I am doing for this year is attempting to hold to a schedule. I have set my training for my first Ironman of the year into base, build and taper sections. I also have milestone workouts prepared months ahead of time to accomplish. I used the Triathlon Training Bible to come up with the amounts of hours and what workouts to do. I would love to defeat the FireFighter in Idaho, but just as in our last race together I have to just run my race. If it is good enough to beat him then great, but I can't get caught up in letting one person throw me off when I'm only finishing near 700th place overall.

Their will be other events throughout the year, and training goals that can be seen. The actual goals that I strive to meet though are listed below. I want to keep a focus on improving my bike and swim. I will try to improve my run with lots of speed, but do not have any intention of exercising it on race day. After knowing I could run a marathon in 4:00 for AZ 2011, but only getting a 4:40 I am now taking a more cautious approach to the run portion. I would love to put defeat the Firefighter, but if he can dwarf these times then he will win the day just like Ironman Arizona 2011. If he can't then maybe I'll achieve that goal too.

Ironman Coeur D'Alene
Weight of 175 for the race
A total time of 11:20
Run Split of 4:00 (9:09 per mile)


Ironman Arizona
Weight of 170 for the race
 A total time of 10:30
 Swim of 1:00
 Bike of 5:15 (21.33 mph)
Run of 4:00 (9:09 per mile)

Side note of preparing to do PF Chang Rock N'Roll Marathon
Weight of 170 for the race
3:00 (6:52 per mile)

No comments:

Post a Comment